Pittsburgh Cares' Youth Advisory Council is a leadership development program comprised of a care group of diverse, talented, and civic-minded youth that are committed to creating positive social change in their schools and communiity. the YAC volunteer together, learn together, and complete a capstone project at the end of their term. YAC members serve as youth ambassadors, acting as the voice for youth within Pittsburgh Cares and the community, and inspire others to do the same.
- Platform to voice matters and concerns important to young people
- Participate in decision making processes for the betterment of Pittsburgh Cares and the community
- Personal and professional development opportunities, including recommendations for higher education and/or employment
- Opportunities to participate in trainings and workshops provided by Pittsburgh Cares and partner agencies
- Networking opportunities with other youth leaders, nonprofit professionals, and civic leaders
- Scholarship opportunity for seniors
The Youth Advisory Council Application Consists of two (2) parts. Both must be completed and submitted by Sunday, May 31, 2020 (11:59pm EST) for each application to be considered and move to the interview process.
Prior to applying, please review the YAC member requirements listed below. More detailed information about monthly meeting schedules and YAC responsibilities will be discussed during the interview process.
All YAC members are required to:
- be a high school student (9th-12th grade) and attend a school within Allegheny County
- have a true interest in addressing community needs through volunteering
- show evidence of creative ability and thinking outside the box
- be able to devote an average of three hours a week to YAC activities and work
- be able to attend meetings twice per month
- attend monthly volunteer events
- complete individual assignments including a service project
We are currently reviewig applications for our YAC 2020-2021 class.
Questions about the Youth Advisory Council or member responsibilities? Email firstname.lastname@example.org