Youth Advisory Council (YAC)
Pittsburgh Cares’ Youth Advisory Council is a leadership development program comprised of a core group of diverse, talented, and civic-minded youth that are committed to creating positive social change in their schools and community.The YAC develops and implements YES key initiatives while serving as youth ambassadors, acting as the voice for youth in the community, and inspiring others to do the same.
- Platform to voice matters and concerns important to youth.
- Participate in decision making processes for the betterment of Pittsburgh Cares and the community.
- Personal and professional development opportunities, including recommendations for higher education and/or employment.
- Opportunities to participate in trainings and workshops provided by Pittsburgh Cares and partner agencies.
- Networking opportunities with other area youth, nonprofit professionals, and civic leaders.
Meet our council members here: www.pittsburghcares.org/meettheteam