For over 25 years, Pittsburgh Cares has been dedicated to partnering with nonprofits and community organizations to help them acheive their mission through volunteer recruitment, management, consulting and technology. Thousands of individuals utilize Pittsburgh Cares to connect with nonprofit organizations allowing agencies to engage more people and have a greater impact on the populations they serve. To register as a Pittsburgh Cares nonprofit member each organization must:
- Have verifiable 501(c)3 nonprofit status or be a not-for-profit/public school or government organization
- Prohibit discrimination in hiring practices or in determining recipients of services based on an individual's race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or mental or physical disability or any other status prohibited by applicable law
- Agree to not use volunteers for activities related to political campaigns or religious proselytization
Become a Pittsburgh Cares Nonprofit Member
We have two types of membership available enabling organizations to choose the option that is right for you.
- If your organization does not have an account with Pittsburhg Cares click here.
- If your organization already has an account with Pittsburgh Cares but would like to register as a Premier Member click here.
No frills, no fuss. It's where we started; a simple online calendar that enables volunteers to see what's available and sign-up on the spot. Free since our start in '92. What's included:
- Account to our online volunteer portal www.pittsburghcares.org
- Ability to post volunteer opportunities
- Basic access to our tech support team
- Bi-annual conference call-style Open Labs
Ready to take this realtionship to the next level? With Premier Membership you get all of the basics and a whole lot more. Resources, access to VIP volunteers, customized reports, you name it. Cost is based on the organization's annual operating budget: What's included:
Volunteer Management Resources
- Online volunteer portal at www.pittsburghcares.org
- Onboarding informational session with your volunteer coordination team at a location of your choosing
- Direct access to our tech support team and regular check-ins
- Wishlist Postings: let our network know of your donation needs
- Tool Shed access: borrow tools for your volunteer projects
- First notice of availability for our youth and corporate groups, grant opportunities, etc...
- Specialized promotion on our social media oulets and e-newsletter
- Highlight your occurrences/events regularly and at your request
- Quarterly recognition of your organization
- Early access and invitations to special events and programs hosted by Pittsburgh Cares
- Recognition of your organization as a Pittsburgh Cares Premier Member on the website
- Customized reports and outreach to volunteer pool for specific skills, etc...
- First access to networking opportunities and invitation to private peer support Facebook group
- Complimentary access to trainings and workshops
Questions or need help registering? Give us a call at 412.471.2114 or email email@example.com.