Age Minimum (with Adult): 15+, Minimum Age:18+, Court Ordered Volunteer - Allowed
2020 Lawrenceville Farmers Market
Volunteers are needed to support the 2020 Lawrenceville Farmers Market (LFM). The LFM happens from 3pm - 7pm Tuesdays June 2 - October 27 at Arsenal Park in the Central Lawrenceville neighborhood of Pittsburgh. Two volutneer shifts availble between the hours of 1 p.m. - 4:00 pm and 4:00 pm and 7:30 p.m. each Market day. Volunteers will assist with market set up, break down, and helping to implement covid-19 safe protocols. Volunteers will be provided with PPE to safely participate, and will be asked to sign a liability waiver.
- Good communication and customer service skills
- Task oriented
- Strong organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to stand, lift, walk and bend
- Physical capability to lift up to 20lbs - 40lbs. Accommodations can be made as needed
- Comfortable working with people of varying socioeconomic backgrounds, sexual orientations, and ethnic diversity
- Personal awareness and emotional maturity
About the Lawrenceville Farmers Market: The mission of the Lawrenceville Farmers Market is to provide access to fresh, locally-produced foods for all Lawrenceville residents and visitors in an inclusive, vibrant, and safe community space. The Market aims to lower barriers to fresh, healthy food especially for low-income families, older adults, and individuals with food insecurity or low food access and to support the development of a strong and sustainable local food system with farmers and small business owners. Originally created by a group of volunteer residents in 2011, the Lawrenceville Farmers Market now runs as an official LU program every Tuesday from 3-7 p.m. at Arsenal Park, June through October.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: